This todo is primarily targetted at the Hurd proper and applications that rely on the Hurd interfaces.
The tools provided by the psmisc package are linux centric. Killall and pstree, for instance, require Linux's proc file system but could just as easily use Hurd's libps.
- supermount translator
From Marcus, 2002:
- xkb driver for console (for international users)
- kbd leds in console (well, in general, Roland's new driver in oskit for that crap)
- fixing tmpfs (it's buggy, Neal says it's Mach's fault)
- adding posix shared memory (requires the io_close call to be implemented)
- adding posix file locking (requires the io_close call to be implemented)
- find + various filesystems (are inode numbers for . and .. sane?)
- ext2fs with other block sizes than 4096
- --help and --version and --usage in all programs
- I have seen ^V in some --help output, might be argp bug
- Verify that all options are documented clearly, and that no unimplemented options appear
- Is the short and long description in the help output correct?
- Is the return value of all programs correct (eg, does main() return a sane value)
- Is the suid bit correctly set for all installed programs?
- Does settrans -g work? -fg?
- Does stat() work on all translated nodes and give proper data?
- What about chown, chmod (some translators should pass this through to the underlying node, esp in /dev!)
- Does statfs give correct data?
- Are all inode numbers and link counts correct?
- We also should have a "make check" test suite. We can add this once Jeff finished his automake patches
- pick up the other things
- new console is basically done
- needs integration of course
- X switching support
- there is certainly more to do ...
Wolfgang list of Easy tasks on July 28, 2002:
|0||Check if all programs handle options (at least --help, --version and --usage; don't forget about the shell scripts)|
|1||Check if all translators respond to "settrans -g"|
|1||More tests of this kind|
|2||Fix those of the above who don't work as intended|
|2||Document (in doc/hurd.texi) all undocumented programs (translators as well as programs in utils/ and sutils/ and some others)|
|1||Find a POSIX test suite, run it on GNU/Hurd, report the results|
|1||Find more useful test suites to run|
|2||Check if all the store classes in libstore work (we have many of them, look into the Makefile)|
|4||Fix those who don't work|
|2||Document all still undocumented store classes|
|2||The console is pretty new code, it told me it wants to get tested|
Where difficulty 0 means trivial and 4 means tricky; the difficulty has nothing to do with the importance.