|author||Tanami <Tanami@web>||2010-01-14 17:25:28 +0000|
|committer||GNU Hurd web pages engine <email@example.com>||2010-01-14 17:25:28 +0000|
small grammar/spelling changes
Diffstat (limited to 'hurd/running/gnu.mdwn')
1 files changed, 7 insertions, 7 deletions
diff --git a/hurd/running/gnu.mdwn b/hurd/running/gnu.mdwn
index 26d9327..94012ef 100644
@@ -15,32 +15,32 @@ It is our wish and goal to establish a new direction for the GNU system distribu
This is not intended to detract from Debian GNU/Hurd and we should help them where we can.
-I really want this to be more of a community driven effort in the spirit of say Ubuntu. We all have different motivations and skill levels but we need a common goal to get this system going.
+I really want this to be more of a community driven effort in the spirit of say, Ubuntu. We all have different motivations and skill levels but we need a common goal to get this system going.
-These are just some quick notes I am making late at night. Lets clean this up.
+These are just some quick notes I am making late at night. Let's clean this up.
## <a name="Motivations"> Motivations </a>
1. There is a possibility that Debian drops support for GNU/Hurd.
2. Other GNU/Linux distributions do not support the Hurd infrastructure well.
-3. Benefitting from the Hurd design and using a microkernel.
+3. Benefiting from the Hurd design and using a microkernel.
## <a name="Community"> Community </a>
-1. Lets establish some ground rules.
+1. Let's establish some ground rules.
2. We need infrastructure
* Wiki for community documentation
* Mailing lists like gnu-system-discuss exists for mostly technical items
* IRC channels like #hug and ##hurd
* Perhaps less formal and less intimidating channels and mailing lists would involve broader parts of the community
3. We need a community vision and direction.
- * Lets work together for a common goal
- * Lets establish goals and priorities and get resources on them. (More later)
+ * Let's work together for a common goal
+ * Let's establish goals and priorities and get resources on them. (More later)
* Major goal to create a system making full use of Hurd features?
* We should never hesitate to throw away existing stuff whenever it hinders us to make good use of Hurd features
* However, we should try to reuse existing stuff (from Debian for example) as long as it doesn't limit our possibilities or impose considerable overhead
- * Lets have fun. It's GNU and it's important but let's enjoy ourselves.
+ * Let's have fun. It's GNU and it's important but let's enjoy ourselves.